© Copyright 2012 Alba Forklift Training

Alba Forklift Training Ltd, 21 Lenziemill Road, Cumbernauld, Glasgow, G67 2RL Tel/Fax: 01236 630300

A Limited Company Registered in Scotland: SC348473

Alba Training Cumbernauld, Glasgow Tel/Fax: 01236 630300 Home Home

ILA Funding for Forklift Training

SDS ILA or Skills Development Scotland Individual Learning Account is a £200 grant that can be used towards the cost of your forklift operator or instructor training.

This free forklift training fund is available to use towards the cost of your forklift course.

In order to qualify you must satisfy a number of conditions:

If you answered yes to these questions then you could qualify for this grant and you should request an application pack here or phone an advisor on 0800 917 8000.

You should also be aware that ILA funding is not available if you:

More information on the conditions surrounding the free funding can be found here.

If your ILA forklift application is successful, Skills Development Scotland will send you notification of your account number. Once they have advised you of your account number you can book a place on one of our forklift training courses.

Once your place is booked, Skills Development Scotland will send you a token. It’s this token that you need to pay for the forklift course you want. We can normally provisionally book your forklift course date at the time of booking as vouchers don’t take very long to arrive.

If you are using your ILA Token to fund an evening forklift refresher course then we can often arrange a course within 48 hours of your token arriving.

Remember to bring your token with you on the day of your course, without it the training will not be free and you are liable for the cost of the course.

Some courses require you to make a personal contribution towards the cost but we will advise you of this at the time of booking.

The fund is available every year, provided you still qualify, so you can come back every year and learn to drive other forklift trucks, often for free.

Funding may also be available through your local Job Centre. Contact your personal adviser to find out if assistance is available through Flexible Support Funds or Adviser Discretion Funds.

If you are in employment you could tell your employer that funding may be available for them through Flexible Training Opportunities.